ABOUT __/__ TUMBLR __/__ INSTAGRAM __/__ PORTFOLIO __/__ SOUNDCLOUD

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Selfish Gene Cafe

Met up with SJ and SL at Selfish Gene Cafe for our long overdued catchup session - which turned out to be an epic afternoon of gossiping hahah. The place was pretty obscure, took quite a bit of effort to find my way there, but the food was worth it! Compared to the other popular brunch outlets, it was rather reasonably priced as well. Ordered the Scrambled Eggs & Brioche, while SJ and SL had their breakfast sets, with the recommended Banana cake to finish off our meal.

Plus, loving the fact that there is undeniably a smaller crowd for weekday brunches, which makes the whole place such an awesome place for a peaceful afternoon today. Should head back sometime to try their sandwiches! Heard they're really good as well. :)

-----------------------------

Anyway, it has been a screwed up week of epic proportions. I am just thankful that some of my friends were there for me when I really needed them, and for me to know who are the ones whom I cannot rely on in times like this. Over the past week, I've learnt to appreciate the fact that some things when lost, are lost forever. I'm gradually learning to filter out all the bad people in my life who aren't worth my time and effort. I am simply too tired to carry on this mess and continuously telling myself that things "will work out in the end". Yesterday was a complete utter mess; multiple bad events piled up exactly at the same moment, and I just lost it. I'm just sorry to my friends whom I've shocked there and then, and I'm very very thankful for all your help. :)

To end off, here's sharing with anyone who's reading and having a hard time in one way or another, one of my favourite comfort songs of all time - Human by Civil Twilight.

It's only love, it's only pain
It's only fear that runs through my veins
It's all the things you can't explain
That make us human.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment